Information Collection and Use - General
We may collect and combine information when you interact with Tap Native Services including:
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect and combine information when you interact with Tap Native Services including:
When you interact with ad units or preferences or even create an account with an Tap Native partner, advertiser, Service or brand. (Please note, when you use our Services, we may recognize you or your devices even if you are not signed in to our Services.) Tap Native may use device IDs, cookies, and other signals, including information obtained from third parties, to associate accounts and/or devices with you.
Tap Native analyzes and stores all communications content, including texts or emails, forms, form data, registration data, and any other data we collect from forms and personalized ads. This allows us to deliver, personalize and develop relevant features, content, advertising and Services.
When you otherwise use our Services, such as registering on the site or interacting with the Tap Native technology where it may be found on the Web, view the content we make available or install any Tap Native software such as plugins.
When you sign up for Services, use Services that require your credit card or other financial information or complete transactions with us or our business partners, we may collect and store your payment and billing information.
We collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.), including information about how you interact with our Services and those of our third-party partners and information that allows us to recognize and associate your activity across devices and Services. This information includes device specific identifiers and information such as IP address, cookie information, mobile device and advertising identifiers, browser version, operating system type and version, mobile network information, device settings, and software data. We may recognize your devices to provide you with personalized experiences and advertising across the devices you use.
We collect location information from a variety of sources. You can learn more about and manage your location permissions on our Locations page and by visiting the location settings tool on your devices.
Information from Cookies and Other Technologies.
We collect information when you access content, advertising, sites, interactive widgets, applications, and other products (both on and off of our Services) where Tap Native’s data collection technologies (such as web beacons, development tools, cookies and other technologies, etc.) are present. These data collection technologies allow us to understand your activity on and off our Services and to collect and store information when you interact with Services we offer to partners.
This information also includes the kind of content or ads served, viewed or clicked on; the frequency and duration of your activities; the sites or apps you used before accessing our Services and where you went next; whether you engaged with specific content or ads; and whether you went on to visit an advertiser's website, downloaded an advertiser’s app, purchased a product or service advertised, or took other actions.
Information from Others.
We collect information about you when we receive it from other users, third-parties, and affiliates, such as:
- When you connect your account to third-party services or sign in using a third-party partner (like Facebook or Twitter).
- From publicly-available sources.
- From advertisers about your experiences or interactions with their offerings.
- When we obtain information from third-parties or other companies, such as those that use our Services. This may include your activity on other sites and apps as well as information those third-parties provide to you or us.
How We Use This Information
We are able to deliver, personalize, and improve our Services by combining and using the information we have about you (including information we receive on and off our Services) to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in. We also may use the information we have about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and develop relevant features, content, and Services.
- Analyze your content and other information (including advertising and content you interact with, forms you use, preferences you indicate, settings you make, websites, articles and pages that you visit, locations you access the Internet from including desktops, tablets and mobile devices, and other communications). You can review and control certain types of information tied to your Tap Native account by using Privacy Controls.
- Fulfill your requests and when authorized by you.
- Tap Native helps advertisers and publishers connect to offer relevant advertising in their apps and websites.
- Match and serve targeted advertising (across devices and both on and off of our Services) and provide targeted advertising based on your device activity, inferred interests and location information.
- Contact you with information about your account or with marketing messages, which you can also control.
- Associate your activity across our Services and your different devices as well as associate any accounts you may use across Tap Native Services together. We may associate activity and accounts under a single user ID.
- Create analytics and reports for external parties, including partners, publishers, advertisers, apps, third-parties and the public regarding the use of and trends within our Services and ads, including showing trends to partners regarding general preferences, the effectiveness of ads and information on user experiences. These analytics and reports may include aggregate or pseudonymized non-personal information.
- Provide location-based Services, personalized advertising, and other content consistent with your location and location settings.
- Combine information we have about you with information we obtain from business partners or other companies, such as your activities on other sites and apps.
- Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity.
How We Share This Information
- With Your Consent. We will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Tap Native when we have your consent.
- Within Tap Native. Information may also be shared within Tap Native, including with other Tap Native Services and affiliates. Tap Native affiliates may use the information in a manner consistent with their privacy policies.
- With Partners. We may share your information with nonaffiliated companies who are:
- Trusted Partners. We provide user information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Tap Native based on our directions and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality measures.
- Advertising, Analytics and Business Partners (Limited to Non-Personally Identifiable Information). We may share aggregated or pseudonymous information (including demographic information) with partners, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics, apps, or other companies. For example, we may tell an advertiser how its ads performed or report how many people installed an app after seeing a promotion. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or email address) with these partners, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics, apps, or other companies.
- When you use third-party apps, websites or other products integrated with our Services, they may collect information about your activities subject to their own terms and privacy policies.
- For Legal and Other Purposes. We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of the Terms; (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (iv) requests for customer service; (v) technical issues; (vi) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of Tap Native, its users or the public; (vii) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (viii) as otherwise required by law.
- This may include responding to lawful governmental requests. Learn more about how we evaluate and respond to these requests.
- New Ownership. If the ownership or control of all or part of Tap Native or a specific Services changes as a result of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Information Security and Data Retention
Tap Native has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access, use or disclosure of customer information we collect or store.
Data Processing and Transfers
Tap Native may process information related to individuals in the EU/EEA and may transfer that information from the EU/EEA through various compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU/EEA Standard Contractual Clauses. By using our Services, you consent to us transferring information about you to these countries. For more information, please visit our Data Transfer page.
Other Important Information
Questions & Suggestions
If you have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, please complete a feedback form or you can contact us at:
Tap Native LLC.
33 Balfour Lane
Ramsey, NJ 07446